Nevada Show & Tell – Photo Shoot
Saturday, March 7, 2020
Virginia City, NV
Miner's Park (*gather at gazebo)
3:00 – 5:00p.m.
*Please make sure to read all information and complete the form below**
Saturday, March 7, 2020
Miner’s Park (*gather at gazebo)
106 Carson St.
Virginia City, NV 89440
Join us for the first-ever Quiltfolk meetup and show and tell photo shoot! We’re looking for passionate Nevada quilters who want to be featured with their favorite quilt in the pages of Quiltfolk. Come meet Editor Mary Fons and her crew, share your quilt and your story, make new friends, and have your photo taken for Issue 15 : Nevada!
Bring one (1) favorite quilt that you can easily hold up on your own or with a friend: We recommend a wall-hanging, or a mini-, baby-, or lap-sized quilt.
Any and all quilters in Nevada! We are not setting a limit on how many quilters can come.
We want to celebrate the incredible Quiltfolk community in 2020 and connect with quilters in each state we visit. These meetups are meant to showcase a state’s unique beauty and the endless talents of the quilters who call it home.
Our team has been successfully executing photo shoots together for over three years, but this will be the first time we produce a large-scale shoot. Our crew of five (5) will do everything we can to run things as smoothly and efficiently as possible, but we ask for your patience once you arrive at Miner’s Park. This will be fun, but if we get lots and lots of quilters — which we definitely want! — it will involve a good deal of coordination on our part. We thank you in advance for “rolling with it”.
- Parking, food, water, and finding bathrooms are up to you. The good news is that Virginia City has restaurants, shopping, and even an art center. You might even want to make a day of it and explore the town! If you’d like more information about Virginia City, this travel site gives a nice overview.
- We intend to do a group photo of everyone using an aerial camera. We will also get some portraits of 4-5 individual quilters to be determined that day. We will get details shots of some quilts, as well.
- We suggest you bring your quilt in a plastic bag or protective wrapping in case you need to set it down during the meetup. Quiltfolk is not responsible for lost or damaged quilts.
- Virginia City is technically a “ghost town” on the Historical Register. We may ask some of you to sit on a stoop, lean against a wall, or wave from a porch, etc., so don’t wear anything that can’t take a little Nevada dust!
- We will never ask anyone to sit, stand, or do any physical activity that they are not comfortable doing. Please note that though we want every interested quilter to participate, we cannot guarantee handicap access to the location. Note also, we will gather at the gazebo and then walk a short distance to various picturesque spots nearby.
- It’s possible we won’t need the full 2 hours allowed. It’s also possible that we could run over. No matter what, the shoot will officially begin at 3:00 p.m. and you are free to go anytime you need to. You’re welcome to come early to the location, but the crew will not be able to issue instructions until 3:00 p.m.