The Magic of Wales
A Virtual Workshop with Jenni Smith & Kay Walsh
Magic of Wales
Magic of Wales
Block of the Month
Reserve Your Spot Today!
Join us for a live, two-day workshop. This is the first in our new Adventure Workshop series. Participate LIVE during the workshop’s premiere AND/OR enjoy it on-demand at any point thereafter.
- September 30 and October 1 from 10 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. PDT
- Hosted as a Zoom Webinar
- Recordings for both days provided for access at any future time
- Open to all experience levels
- 100% money back guarantee
- Already attending? Visit the Attendee Hub
Immerse yourself in the magic of Wales and its extraordinary quilts. With hidden histories that are still coming to light, these extraordinary objects cast a spell on all who encounter them—from royalty and collectors to artists and the modern sewist!
How to Attend
Purchase a single-workshop pass for The Magic of Wales. Upon registration, you will be able to access all event details and resources on our exclusive Attendee Hub.
Best value! Access all three of our annual Adventure Workshops at a 25% discount when you buy a Passport. Plus, enjoy exclusive behind-the-scenes content, sneak peeks, and more.
The Magic of Wales Highlights
Our virtual workshop highlights the fun and quirky personality of Welsh quilts as we teach you how to replicate the creative flair and stitches in your own keepsake quilt. Together, we will sew and learn through engaging snapshots of a country’s heritage and traditions, which without doubt, should be celebrated by quilters worldwide.
- Getting up close and personal with patchworks made in Wales from 1800 onwards that are on show in The Magical Quilts of Wales exhibition.
- Making yourself at home with Jen Jones, owner of the largest collection of historic Welsh quilts.
- Looking inside the studio of the author and fine artist Valériane Leblond, whose lyrical compositions draw inspiration from real-life Welsh quilts.
- Going behind the scenes at the National Wool Museum and flannel manufacturer Melin Teifi to learn the secrets of this traditional cloth stitched into many historic quilts.
- Savoring the taste of famous Welsh cakes and Bara brith (recipes included!).
- Stitching a uniquely designed Welsh-inspired frame quilt, while learning the stories behind each of the chosen elements.
- Embracing the Welsh spirit of improvisation with modern quilter Nicholas Ball.